Tuesday 11 February 2020

64th and last! Clinic visit

Well that's it then! I saw the doc today for the last time. He is happy he's sorted it all out and all that remains is for the last wound to heal up. 2/3 weeks he thinks. 
It has been an incredible journey and had its ups and downs. But in short he had fixed in three months almost to the day what the UK could not in six years. 
Do not doubt that this 1000 year old treatment works as I and many others are living proof it does. 
Dr Bhat is a kind caring compassionate man and frankly a magician !
If you are afflicted with this dreadful condition then do not despair. Instead seriously consider him or one like him. Yes it is a thought coming to a foreign country but living is cheap here and it should be doable for most. 
We have made some great friends and met some wonderful people. I have no doubt we will be back one day!
We fly home tonight!
Thanks to all my readers!


--
Kev Thompson

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin. How are doing since being back home? How about posting an update from leaving India until now. How is your wound? Has it all healed. Thank you for doing the blog. Take care. Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Life or rather Covid got in the way. Much better now and 18 months on all is well.
      I saw my surgeon here and he was amazed!
      Definitely a good decision to go.

      Delete
  2. Hello Kevin
    Your journey is really an inspiration for people having complex fistula.
    Hope you are fine and taking care in current times.

    I have a question if you could answer and share your observation. -
    Did you face incontinence after the surgery or did the doctor explain any kind of chances for incontinence after the surgery ?
    I reckon, since external sphincter muscles are involved, a surgery may result having incontinence.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon. Thanks for your comments.
      I’m happy to help anyone going through this terrible thing!
      Re incontinence. It was mentioned as a possibility especially since my previous surgeries had damaged some muscles as you can see from the scans I posted. However I was assured dr Bhat would do his best to minimise this.
      In the event almost two years on I have not experienced any.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kevin.
      I see that you have mentioned the pain a lot. I know that surgery will have pain, but some people have commented on this procedure as barbarically painful somewhat also similar to "cutting-seton" procedure. How would you rate the pain during the course of treatment ?

      Also I see you had seton already placed in when you had come in to visit dr Bhat. Were you going through cutting-seton procedure before this ? or seton was there just to drain the puss.?

      Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. Pain very fleeting. No real problem.
    Seton was for drainage
    I suggest you email or call and we can discuss further if you wish
    Kev.Thompson27@gmail.com

    Best
    Kev

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask questions or comments.