Saturday 21 December 2019

29th and 30th Clinic Visits - thread 6 on side A.... and 3 on Side B

Friday was straightforward - in and out in 5 minutes with a nice nurse doing the changes this time.

However, Friday night brought a small surprise when one of my two threads fell out.
I think that's the aim down the road aways, when it's job's done,  but not yet.  It's a good chance to get a look at it anyway.  This is the dummy thread - the one added at the clinic.  I think to keep me sane I'll call it thread B and the other one - the main thread - A!



I Whatsapped the Dr and he said to go in at 9am and he'll sort it!  Oh for service like that in the UK!

Anyway, at 9:00 this morning he puts another in - without anaesthetic which was a bit of a teeth sucking moment.  Getting a thread changed is not so bad as they are tied together as you can see, and one pulls the other through.  When there is no thread there it is a little more difficult involving tools! Hence the <Ouch> moment.

Then when I think he's finished he starts on the other side.... with the quip "Might as well do both today then it only hurts on one day"!

Another (lesser) teeth sucking moment later, and both are done, and as a bonus I'm told every other day for visits now rather than each day.  Progress I hope!

Onwards and Upwards!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or comments.