Wednesday 4 December 2019

11th/12th and 13th Clinic Visit - Thread three!

11th and 12th went well - just more packing of wound so in and out quite quickly although the queue in the clinic is building up!
We were over an hour waiting yesterday.  What strikes me about that is how many of us suffer from this damn thing.
We are an eclectic mix from many countries including the USA, Israel, India, Australia and of course Scotland!

13th visit was a bit more dramatic!  Big crowd again but time for my second thread change in only 5 days.  This is a painful but necessary part of the treatment.  Again the pain only lasts for a few minutes.
This time there was some "burning" sensation for a good while afterwards - just the thread at work I guess - and Dr Bhat suggested I take it easy today.
Uber back to hotel for a lie down.












On a positive note - one of the guys - Haim from Israel - was declared Fistual Free this week!  Almost on his birthday as it happens.  A definite time for celebration.
He was one who visited me in hospital when I was in for op.  So I am doubly delighted to see him at the end stage of a long and painful journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or comments.