Friday 31 January 2020

57th and 58th clinic visit.

Two visits a week so I went Monday and all was well. Itch subsiding and all looking well. 
We had a few days away In Mysore which was grand but back at clinic today. 
Sadly the second tract is not healing so well so in a sudden and slightly backward step the doc decided another surgery was needed 😢
Back home there would delays and paperwork and procedures but not here. He just did it 10 minutes later. 

So more local anaesthetic (lots) and then it was laid open, into a large wound which he then cauterised. This felt like a long time but probably was 15 minutes or so. 
I won't lie. It hurt today and again the smell of burning flesh is not fun. Not when it's your own. 
I came out looking grey, Fiona says. 
I had to lie down for about 30 mins. I had a pain pessary in, but needed something else too. Dr gave me diclofenac and more to take away. 
Struggled back to hotel and slept three hours. 
Awake now but lots of stabbing pain in wound area. I hope this doesn't set us back as flights home booked.

Anyway, back to daily visits again!  Let's see what tomorrow brings.





--
Kev Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or comments.